Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cinnaberry Muffins take on the New England Spring

Cinnaberry Muffins

Sometimes you get lucky. Other times you make your own luck happen. I was gusty enough to send my street cred to a reputable company that felt compelled by my little blog and big dreams to take a chance on me and send some products my way to review. So Cinnamon Hill, thanks for your vote of confidence!


I enjoy spending time looking for new and exciting products to tell you about; I scan the interweb for spatulas and sieves and immerse myself in Deb’s, Shauna's or Sara’s blog in the name of “research.” Reading Shauna’s gushing post about Cinnamon Hill and the benefits of using fresh spice, I knew using a product like the grater and whole Ceylon stick would be an adventurous and healthful twist to my cooking repertoire.

I had been feeling pretty blue given that we were in the final days of April and we hadn’t turned the corner of spring. It rained, it sleeted and I froze (namely at a track meet for 8 hours…Wellesley Track this is how much I love you). 



The only way to combat this kind of melancholy is from the inside out. That’s where the cinnamon comes in (and baked goods of course). The moment I touched cinnamon stick to the oak handled grater, my kitchen was filled with warmth. That simply doesn't happen from a plastic tube of Mccormick’s .

I nestled into my muffins and a hot mug of tea. My body and mind were restored by the coziness of cinnamon and bursting blueberries. Bring on the New England spring; I have my cinnamon stick at the ready and I am more than elated to use it.

Cinnaberry Muffins

Dry Ingredients
2.5 Cups of Gluten Free Flour Blend (You could Use Bob’s Red Mill but I make my own using Shauna’s guidelines)
½ tsp Xanthan Gum 
¼ C of Sucanat or Organic Coconut Sugar
1 TBS Baking Powder ½ tsp Baking Soda
1.5 tsp Of Kosher Salt
1 tablespoon of Freshly Grated Cinnamon Hill Cinnamon

Wet Mix
½ Cup of Almond Milk
½ Cup of Apple Sauce or Banana Mash (about 1.5 bananas)
½ Cup of Molasses or Honey
1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
2 Eggs

1.Preheat the Oven to 350!
2.Sift the dry Ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer making sure to distribute the leaveners evenly throughout the mix


3. In a medium bowl, mix your wet ingredients together. Then scrape them into the stand mixer with the dry ingredients with the paddle moving on low.
Mix on low until combined then speed up the mixer for 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the stand and SCRAPE the sides and bottom of the bowl...I MEAN IT.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, place one level scoop of batter into each muffin mold. Sprinkle a little sucanat or coconut sugar on top for fun. Go ahead, just trust me.
5. Give the pan a thwack off the counter to pop air bubbles. Bake for 24-26 minutes, rotating the pan midway through. 





6. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the cooling rack completely after 10 minutes to ensure they don’t become soggy!


Get on Over to Cinnamon Hill for a Grater of your Own!!

https://cinnamonhill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment